LOUIS J. McTAGUE, P.E.
Mr. McTague has been in structural engineering for over twenty years. As a licensed structural engineer he provides structural peer reviews, structural evaluations of existing properties, specification preparation, written reports, construction document preparation, and design calculation services.
His projects include: high end residences such as the Viola Residence, specialty designs such as coastal residences, small residences, and large multi-structure townhouse developments. Commercial work includes entertainment facilities, restaurants, mixed use buildings, and multi-story high rise condominiums.
Mr. McTague designs structures of light gage metal framing, lumber, timber, masonry, cast-in-place concrete, post-tensioned concrete, steel, and tilt-up wall construction.
Light Gage Metal Construction:
· Light gage exterior curtain wall on Orlando Airport Airside One
· Light gage exterior curtain wall on Orlando Airport Airside Three
· Light gage framing of the Hogwarts castle at Universal Studios
· Vistana Phases K, I and J: 200,000 square foot project consisting of 28 buildings ranging from 3 to 5 stories
· Cypress Point: Three, four and five floor residential structures using light gage bearing walls and concrete deck.
· Baldwin Park: 55 acres, Two parcels of land the first of which consists of 1200 housing units. The second parcel,
the Town Center, contains 300,000 square feet of mixed use retail residential buildings and another 1200 housing units.
· Centergate at Celebration: 50 acre site: 23 Building types: 726 residential units on two parcels of land.
Concrete High Rise:
· Jupiter Ocean Grand: Four eight story concrete post tensioned slab structures; Jupiter, Florida.
· Vizcaya, Single nine story concrete post tensioned slab structures; New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
Steel Frame Structures:
· Windermere Shopping Center: Steel frame construction; Windermere, Florida
· House of Blues: Two story steel frame; Orlando, Florida
· Bear Creek Lake Cottages: Wood frame residential; Bear Creek, South Carolina
· Myrtle Beach Buildings One to Four: Wood frame residential; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Tilt – Up Construction:
· Crossroads Business Center, Consisting of three warehouse structures, Tampa, Florida
· Sternon Office Building: Two story office with tilt-up walls and steel joist floor and roof.
· Silver Legacy Casino "Silver Baron's Rig." Reno Nevada.
· Mat Foundation for the Slingshot at the Magical Midway Orlando